Friday Smiles

Here is what made us smile this week:

Sept. 6– Reading the “David” books (Deamera)

Sept.7– Going to the computer lab for the first time (Nevaeh)

Sept. 8-Making a bus in art (Hayden)

Sept. 9-Singing the school song at the assembly (Lincoln)

This week we learned how to sort and make a sorting rule in Math. The children had to sort animals and food by creating their own sorting rule and then I had to try and figure it out. I was stumped a few times! We also talked about Respect and watched a silly video in Health. We worked together to make a chart showing ways to be respectful in lots of different places. In Art we read a silly story called “The Seals on the Bus” and then made our own buses with animals on them. Today for Story time I read a few books by my favourite author. Ask your child to tell you who it is.

007 008 009 010001 002 003 004

Your child has brought home their Friday Journal today. Please read the instructions on the inside of the front cover, and then return the journals to school on Monday.

We completed our first spelling test today. Once Fresh Grade is up and running I will send you a picture each Friday after I mark the test. Then you will be able to see the errors made and the mark. I will write the mark from list 1 in the planners on Monday. Please remember to practice the list at home each week and to remember not to put capital letters at the front of a word unless it is a name. If you feel your child needs an adapted list please contact me.

Leveled reading will start next week.

Our picture day will be on Monday, September 19.

Have a wonderful weekend!