On Friday, October 31 we want to provide the students of WES the opportunity to dress up in their Halloween costumes. We also want to ensure that while having fun dressing up in costumes we are still able to have a productive school day and to ensure that the learning agenda for the day continues. In order to assist all of our students with having a fun and productive day at school on Halloween day, here are a few guidelines that we would appreciate it if you could help us out with.
1. No toy or costume weapons of any type will be permitted at school.
2. No gory or scary costumes.
3. If your costume has accessories that are not attached we would prefer that they are left at home.
4. Students will be going outside to play at recess and lunch break. For that reason we would encourage students to bring their costumes to school and put them on over their clothes after lunch recess….If students aren’t able to change into their costumes on their own and do wear their costumes for the entire day, please be aware they will be wearing them for all of the regular activities of a school day, including gym, recess and lunch.
5. If students do not have a costume or prefer not to wear a costume to school then we would encourage them to wear Orange and Black for the day.
We want to ensure a fun and productive day at school and would appreciate it if parents could ensure that the above guidelines are followed. Looking forward to a fun day! ( Taken from the WES newsletter- Oct. 2014)