Friday Smiles

Today was the 111th day of grade 2. I can hardly believe that we are just about into the last third of the year.

It has been an assembly filled week in our classroom and I am happy to be back into my routine with the students.

Here is what made us smile this week;

Feb. 27– there is no smile for today, they forgot

Feb. 28– music because we were making guitars (Lincoln)

Mar. 1– going to the guide dog assembly (Keaton)

Mar. 2– going to the puppet show (Derek)

Mar. 3– working on my story in writing workshop (Ayla)

I haven’t forgotten about sending home the Learning Journey duo-tangs. I will send them next week. I need them this weekend so that I can finish the Learning Journey Reports which come home on March 17. I am going to listen to students read over the next couple of weeks, but their newest level may not be in their report depending on when I hear them read. Our goal for the end of the year is to be reading at level 19….some of us have already met that goal and others are very close. Keep reading!

Our pizza winners for February were: Eabha, Adilyn, Barrett, Callie, Porter, Jaida K, Keaton, Brooklyn, Ayla and Brennan. March is the last month to earn a pizza coupon for reading….the goal is to read 20 days in March!

Don’t forget to book an activity conference for the 16th. I will send a note if I would like to see you for a personal interview on the 21st. If you wish to meet with me one-on-one please let me know so we can arrange a time. The children are excited to share their learning with you, as well as their story writing and their favorite iPad apps at the Activity Conferences. See you then!

Have a fantastic weekend 🙂 !