Halloween Day Dress Up
On Tuesday, October 31st we want to provide the students of Traditions Elementary School the opportunity to dress up in their Halloween costumes. We also want to ensure that while having fun dressing up in costumes we are still able to have a productive school day and to ensure that the learning agenda for the day continues. In order to assist all of our students with having a fun and productive day at school on Halloween Day, here are a few guidelines that we would appreciate it if you could help us out with:
1. No toy or costume weapons of any type (knives, guns, swords, spears, etc.) will be permitted at school.
2. No gory or scary costumes, makeup or accessories (we have a lot of very small children at our school and don’t want to scare any of them).
3. If your costume has accessories that are not attached to the costume, we would prefer that they be left at home and used on Halloween night while trick or treating. We don’t want to see these items getting lost or broken while at school.
4. Students will be going outside to play at recess and at the lunch break. For that reason, we would encourage students to bring their costumes to school and pull them on over their clothes after the lunch break. We don’t want to see costumes getting dirty or being wrecked before the big night.
That said, it is important to note that staff will not be able to help dress the students in their costumes during the day. There are just too many students for that to be possible.
If students aren’t able to change into their costumes on their own and do wear their costumes for the entire day, please be aware that they will be wearing them for all of the regular activities of a school day, including Phys. Ed., recess, and lunch.
If parents need to assist their child in getting dressed in their costume for the afternoon, then we would request that you pick your child up for lunch on that day and take them home to help them get dressed.
5. If students do not have a costume or prefer not to wear a costume to school, then we would encourage them to wear Orange and Black for the day.
We want to ensure a fun and productive day at school.
Looking forward to a fun day!!